Markets, Regulation and Trump: Handicapping the New Administration’s Impact on Trading
Larry Tabb, Founder & Research Chairman, TABB Group
|Panel Discussion: The Increasing Use of Identifiers: Trends and Implications
Moderator: Jessica Morrison, Co-Chair of the Asia Pacific Exchanges and Regulatory Subcommittee, FIX Trading Community, and Head of Asia Pacific Market Structure, Analytics and Commission Management, Deutsche Bank
15th Anniversary Special - The Game Changers
- What we expected 15 years ago and where we are now
- Technology innovation is back in fashion: Enabler and Hurdles
- Exploring real applications of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Traders’ tools of the future
- Where are we heading?
Ulf Carlsson, General Manager & Head of North Asia & Japan, Nasdaq
Ian Domowitz, Vice Chairman, ITG
Stephen Malinak, Global Head of Persistent Analytics and Data Science, Financial & Risk Division, Thomson Reuters
Edward Mangles, Regional Director, Asia Pacific, FIX Trading Community, and Director, GlobalTrading
Samir Rath, CEO and Founder, Blue Pool
Gerardo Salandra, CEO and Founder, Rocketbots
|Keynote Speech: How China’s Markets will Drive Asia’s Investment Agenda
Chris Ryan, Chairman and CEO, First Harbour Capital Partners, and Co-founder, Digital Finance Media
Panel Discussion: Rise of the Machines? Who Are the Liquidity Providers and Market Makers Today?
- The rise of the new market makers and the changing role of the banks (AP, financing, stock lending, clearing) in facilitating these proprietary trading firms
- Technology advances and the business model
- The implications to the markets and the buy-side
Fieke Korporaal, Business Development Manager, Flow Traders Asia
Brook Teeter, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, DRW Singapore Pte Ltd
Moderator: John Fildes, Chief Executive Officer, Chi-X Australia
Panel Discussion: Unbundling Research from Executions under MIFID II
- How will trading styles change under MIFID II?
- What constitutes as an inducement and qualifies and what does not?
- What different approaches are firms taking to purchase research going forward and how will changes to payment structures impact both sides of the market?
- What will the impact be on order management systems, trading algorithms and prime brokerage services?
Stephane Loiseau, Managing Director, Head of Cash Equities & Global Execution Services - Asia Pacific, Global Markets, Societe Generale
Stuart Knowling, Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer, Asia, Instinet
Benjamin Quinlan, CEO and Managing Partner, Quinlan & Associates
|The Buy-side Represents
Representative from Asia Trader Forum
|Recap of the Day
Joel Hurewitz, Global Head of Broker Dealer Strategy & Product Development, Instinet